Monday, August 22, 2011

Now Playing: 08.22.2011


Now eating: I literally twenty minutes ago just finished cooking this summer chowder. It's pretty alright - I didn't have any nutritional yeast to add and in hindsight I would add another ear of corn or too. But it was good, and surprisingly creamy for having no dairy! I love my immersion blender. 



Now reading: I finally finished Game of Thrones! Now I need a little break away from the Seven Kingdoms, although I will read the second book soon. The last time we were in Dayton, I saw this book - The Minds of Billy Milligan by Daniel Keyes - on my friend Travis' bookshelf. You may know Daniel Keyes as the author of Flowers for Algernon, and I wasn't aware he had other books. This is a non-fiction book about Billy Milligan, the first person to attempt to use his multiple personality disorder as an insanity defense. I haven't actually started reading it yet, but I am going to start it tonight.



Now wearing: This sort of doubles as a now playing and a craft mention, because this is a shirt I stenciled on a while back for a special Lady Gaga vs. Prince themed scrimmage. I designed the little hybrid The Artist Formerly Known As symbol / rollerskate wheel hub and cut out a stencil using freezer paper. The back (which I couldn't get a good picture of - apparently it's difficult to get a picture of your own back) features my temporary derby name for the night - Puss E. Control. I also made some sparkly purple hotpants, but I shall refrain from posting those.

(I must admit to some falsitude - the mustache is Photoshopped. No matter how hard I try, I just can't grow a decent one.)



Now crafting: Yesterday I cashed in a horde of Joann's coupons and picked up some fabric to make a quilt for an upcoming baby of a friend. This giraffe print is my inspiration piece and I tried to pick some solids and prints using all the different colors. The mom & dad are not finding out the sex, so I tried to use all the colors to avoid leaning more towards one end of looking too "girly" or "boyish" or whatever. I'm really excited to get this started!

0 comments:

Post a Comment