Monday, August 8, 2011

Now playing: 08.06.2011


Eating: Recently our roommate, Katie, brought home a jar of Ajvar from one of the ethnic food shops in the Strip District. I'd never had it before, but holy moly, is it good. According to the label, it is made out of eggplants and peppers and garlic, but it tastes like spicy angel kisses. I highly recommend enjoying it on an everything bagel, although hopefully you have a toaster that does not burn everything (unlike me).



Drinking: When we visited Belmont Party Supply in Dayton, I was excited to find a variety of beers from the Hitachino Nest brand, which comes from the Kiuchi Brewery in Japan. I've only ever seen and tried their White Ale, which I enjoy quite a bit, so it was a real treat to see some other kinds from them. This was the only one of the beers I got that made it back from Dayton with me - their ginger brew, and it was quite tasty! Light and definitely gingery, it is a lovely summer beer. If you have a little bit of time to kill, I highly recommend checking out their website, which features a variety of adorable woodland creatures hanging out at a bar - it's like they can see inside my brain.



Crafting: My sister has commissioned a onesie to give to a friend of hers, so I have been stitching away at that! I've got a major itch lately to get started on another quilt, so don't be surprised to see that in the not-too-distant future.



Listening: I am not really a big fan of The Smiths, but damn if this song isn't my jam. This is an awesome song to dance to in the car while getting psyched up for work. Also, this video is amazing. Spectral rainbow Morrisey supervising the filming of the music video? META.


(photo credit: Jason Ernst)
Celebrating: My leaguemate, 'Snot Rocket Science, will be representing the Steel City Derby Demons at the very first EVER roller derby World Cup as part of Team USA! The also-incredible Hurricane Heather of SCDD made it to the final tryout rounds. The World Cup is happening in Toronto and will feature teams from North and South America, Europe, and Australasia. Depending on what the tickets cost, I think I may have to hop the Megabus to check this out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment