Monday, August 15, 2011

Now playing: 08.15.2011

(Yes, I know now it is technically 08.16.2011, but I started writing the post when it was still Monday!)

Eating: What do you do when you have a zucchini the size of this stupid cat?


Stupid cats need the most attention!

You grate it...



... and make tasty zucchini bread!


Well, actually there is more to it than that. I used this recipe for the bread (yes, I used the first recipe I found on Google. Sometimes I am a lazy cook, alright?), and made a few changes - I substituted one cup of brown sugar for white sugar and I forgot left out the vanilla. Still came out pretty tasty, although next time I think I would like to try some of the healthier suggestions made in the comments, like adding applesauce instead of oil or using some wheat flour instead of white, but as it was it took me two trips to the grocery store to get the things I needed due to thinking I had ingredients that I didn't actually have (I'm not awesome at maintaining a pantry either), so I just stuck with the basic framework. It also worked well as muffins, which was nice because I only have one bread pan (if in the future you're ever wondering why I'm not a food blogger, please reference this paragraph).



Reading / Drinking: I'm finally getting closer to the end of A Game of Thrones (I told you I was a slow reader!). I think when I am done I am going to need a break - even though I'm enjoying it a lot, I think I can only handle so much fantasy at once. I am open to suggestions of what to read next!

As for the beverage - which I am currently sipping out of a purple plastic cup like the classy broad I am - it is the Long Trail Imperial Coffee Stout, which is super roasty, but otherwise it's kind of a standard coffee stout.



Listening: This past week I have been really enjoying the music of Endless Mike and the Beagle Club, which is a group from not-terribly-far-away Johnstown, Pennsylvania. Perhaps it's just because lately this line from the song "Lock and Keystone" is just so fitting: "But luckily there are only two seasons in Western PA - there's just construction work and snowstorms, and either way they cause a delay." Because, seriously, I'd love to talk to whoever thought it was a good idea that all of the major roads around the city itself be under construction at the same time.



Crafting: The lovely smokey blue of this t-shirt made me feel rather aquatic. I wanted to do something a little different, so I thought I'd try a beluga whale. Did you know that beluga whales can blow bubbles? Also that they love mariachi bands? Well, now you know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment