Thursday, January 19, 2012

New hoops!

So here's a couple of hoops I finished on my long weekend...


This Chewbacca hoop can be seen in drawing form on January 8.


I tried to branch out of my normal backstitch-only, experimenting with different amounts of thread as well as split stitches and french knots (which I still hate).


This one is based on an image I saw on Tumblr, but sadly can no longer find the original image to credit the creator. If anyone happens to know where this is from, please let me know so I can give credit where it's due.


All those little letters were hard to stitch! Despite how often my embroideries include words, I kind of hate stitching letters. I'm constantly torn between my stitching preferences and my love of captioning all things.


Currently on the hoops, I have a Heathers quote cross-stitch going (I just watched it again on Saturday... so many good lines in that movie) and then after that I think I may work on this Jurassic Park piece I sketched up the other day. I think I need to emphasize Goldblum's nose a little bit more, but otherwise I'm pretty pleased with the concept. Also, I'm actually drawing in a sketchbook, as opposed to previous habits of hoarding sketchbooks but drawing on scraps of paper that I then use. It's a big day for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment