Monday, January 2, 2012

Handmade Christmas, Part 1

For the last couple of years, I have I really really tried to give mostly handmade Christmas presents. I generally don't manage to finish as many as I originally aim for, but this year I got a lot finished, and ones I'm pretty darn proud of, too. For instance, I made this tea towel for my mother-in-law:


A while back she had asked me to make a vintage inspired tea towel that said "But Hut Bed & Breakfast" for a decorating project (she calls their house the But Hut). So I took a vintage tea towel I had and came up with a little logo:


It features my in-laws' dog, Murphy. I started with the Ryan Berkley embroidery patterns from Sublime Stitching, and made some changes to the fox man to make it more Murphylike, and then made the frame and the lettering myself. I thought it came out pretty cute, and actually resembles the real Murphy:



I also crocheted a little border with some thin yarn:


And we received some handmade gifts! Eric's brother Evan made a painting of our cat Chewbacca for us:


I was definitely quite tickled to have such an awesome homage to our first pet! You can almost hear the mighty wookie roar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment