Sunday, January 29, 2012

Make and Do

Here's a photodump from a recent thrift store acquisition, one of the many many many volumes of Childcraft floating around out there. I'm always attracted to the Childcraft books, and will probably start amassing more of them soon. This particular volume is Childcraft: The How and Why Library, Volume 11: Make and Do, published in 1975. This book is crammed with amazing illustrations in many distinct styles, I had to share some of my favorites:












(Jesus, Becky - what did you put in the fondant?!)


(Timmy here looks like he's feeling a bit peckish...)





(I like to imagine that if this little guy had a word bubble, he would be saying, "Hi there! I made a FUCKING SUBMARINE.")

(My life)

By the way, sorry that these are all pictures of pictures... I guess if I'm going to be showcasing a lot of books on here, I might want to look into investing in a scanner! Hmmm...

0 comments:

Post a Comment