Tuesday, September 6, 2011

More embroidered critters

Holy moly, I have been busy busy busy at work lately, and my parents came to town for an evening, so I haven't even had a spare moment for a bloggin'. Sorry! Anyway, here's some of my newest embroidered pieces that I've worked on lately. It's been raining the last few days, so the lighting has been lousy, but whaddya gonna do? (Eric also kept making me laugh during these pictures, so I have some goofy faces going on)


First up is a sleepy little otter on a blue v-neck tee. I have been experimenting a little more with a cartoonish style recently, as seen here and in a couple of the onesies I've made lately. When I stitch on clothes, I always use gently-used clothes from the thrift store, because 1) it helps encourage variety in everything I make, because often times the color or cut will inspire what I embroider, and 2) it seems silly to me to get new things to sew on when there's already so much stuff out there just waiting to be used.


The little singing giraffe cameo makes a reappearance, this time for adults on this fuzzy pink cardigan. For some reason, our roommate's cat is obsessed with this sweater - she has stolen it twice from the middle of piles of things and run off with it. Maybe she just has good taste?


And finally, there's the beluga whale that I posted the early stages of a while ago. Also, just so you know, that beluga whale still loves mariachi bands.

0 comments:

Post a Comment