Saturday, July 23, 2011

Onesie twosie


So, I sell some of my stuff at a wonderful little craft store (or, I guess you could call it a boutique, but I have an inexplicable dislike of that word) in our neighborhood called Wildcard. Recently the owner, Rebecca, suggested that maybe I should stitch some onesies to sell (all the shirts I have there currently are for adults). Now, I have made onesies before, but just for friends - there's already a ton of cool kid clothes at Wildcard, I thought perhaps I'd just be saturating the market, but if she thought it was a good idea, I thought I'd give it a go. I made ten in all, nine of which are pictured here:

I think probably my favorites are the Business Cat one and the Laika one (yes, I'm aware that the real story of Laika is pretty depressing... but, I mean, come on. Space dog? Totally awesome? Yes.). The little singing giraffe is a close third. All of these but the kiwi were new designs for me - each piece of clothing I stitch is different. It's pretty rare that I repeat a design - I guess in part I think of it as a challenge, and also just for my own personal entertainment value.

If you'd like to see more detailed pictures, you can check them out over at my embroidery set on Flickr.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

I would like to wear one of your onesies. But I'd settle for set of dinner napkins?

CupcakeJunkie said...

That's not Theresa, that's LINDSEY. I don't know what happened.

Erica! said...

Multiple personalities starting to get the better of you, eh?

Post a Comment