Monday, July 25, 2011

Now playing: 07.25.2011


Reading: Like many other people I'm sure, after ravenously devouring the Game of Thrones HBO series (we watched the entire first season in the span of four days), Eric and I have both been reading the books. He decided to start on the second one since the first season covers the first book, and is now already on the fourth. Meanwhile, I'm still halfway through the first book. Considering how slow of a reader I am, this one may take me a while. Good thing I've got this dreamy painting of a Fabio-esque Jon Snow on the cover to keep me company.


Eating: Last night's tasty dinner - red lentil dahl (dhal? dal? wha?) and garlic sesame green beans. Sadly no naan, but a loaf of Italian bread was an adequate substitute.


Crafting: My current work-in-progress is reusable produce bags! More to come of that soon. Probably the most exciting part about this project so far:


Busting out my serger! It came unthreaded several months ago and after hours of much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I put it away and haven't touched it since then. After much more wailing and gnashing of teeth last night, I managed to get it mostly working again. Holy moly, why are these things so damn difficult?


Watching: When I sew, I like to have something on as background noise, so lately I've been enjoying all of The Twilight Zone on Netflix. I find it amusing for both the crazy OH MY GOD UNEXPECTED TWISTS as well as the time capsule it presents. Everyone's smoking in this bank? A whole meal only costs $1.40? AMAZING.


Listening: There's something about The Promise Ring's Very Emergency album that always reminds me of summer. I don't know what it is, but when the weather gets hot, it's all I want to listen to, every year, for years now.


Celebrating: Our buddy Jordan celebrated his birthday this weekend. Here he is: a Canadian holding a Canadian. Happy birthday Jordan!

0 comments:

Post a Comment