Thursday, September 15, 2011

A quick quilt


So, I finished the quilt top Wednesday morning - I ended up having to add a few more strips because after I pieced the whole thing it shrank a little bit due to seam allowance and such. The top itself is 39" by 42", so it would probably also make an adequate play mat. 


In this quilt I finally used a fabric I have been hoarding for at least five years. I found some strips of this yellow/orange/green apple fabric in a mixed bag of fabric scraps from the thrift store. I have a tendency to horde fabric that I really like and have a hard time actually using it. It's like I'm intimidated to use it and afraid that if I use it then later a better use for it will come up and I'll regret having already used it. Wow hey, that's a normal train of thought, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment