Monday, November 28, 2011

Cat ladies are the best ladies

So, my friend Heather's birthday was on Thanksgiving, so she had her birthday party yesterday. Of course, I had to make her a present.


She has a Devon Rex cat named Josie that she enjoys dressing up and making giant oil paintings of (this is Josie hanging out with the quilt I made for the Derby Demons art auction, which Heather won), and she is a bit of a self-proclaimed cat lady, so I made this:


I had a great time picking through all my felt scraps and ribbon bits and matching colors together and trying different things. I embroidered the words by hand, and I'm a little annoyed that part didn't lay all the way flat.



The back has a little magnet snap as opposed to a pinback, both to prevent damaging clothing and... well, I didn't have any pinbacks.

Heather also received an awesome pair of cat head ear muffs and another little ceramic cat, so it's safe to say that cat ladydom has been officially cemented. Happy birthday, Heather!

0 comments:

Post a Comment