Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hello again!

So, sorry for the silence around here - in the week leading up to Handmade Arcade, I worked 90 hours in 8 days and all extra time went to crafting and band practice, so I didn't have very much interesting to say.


Speaking of Handmade Arcade, it was super awesome! Unfortunately, I didn't sell a whole lot, but I did see some friends, talked with a lot of really nice people, and had a blast hanging out with my mom (she split my table with me).

Obviously, I couldn't help but pick up a few things for myself...


... like this ridiculously excellent narwhal tee from Gnome Enterprises... I had a hard time deciding between it and this fox tee, but in the end I couldn't pass up a narwhal.


My mom bought me this print from Brainstorm Print & Design, and it's pretty much the best thing ever. Although I have often played the role of the lecturing English teacher saying, "Swearing is a sign of a poor vocabulary," I love a well-placed obscenity.


I also picked up these lovely earrings (because I've recently started wearing earrings again after many years of not) from One Common Thread. The mushroom is from My Paper Crane, and for the second year in a row I had to reign myself in from geeking out all over Heidi Kenney, because she's kind of my crafty hero - "OH hi um I'm a really really big fan of your work and I read your blog and you seem really nice and your house is really cool and you seem like a really nice person and I'll take this pin it's super awesome and I think you're awesome and okay I should go now I guess thanks a lot mumble mumble..." (followed, of course, by awkward shuffling away).

But anyway, Handmade Arcade gave me some ideas for some new or different approaches, and now I have some time to get back to some personal crafting - and Christmas presents soon too! So stay tuned for more cool stuff and a lot more regular posting!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay so I picked up those exact earrings in that exact color and forcibly restrained myself from buying them. Jay and I geeked over that print too, and I definitely wanted that fox tee you mentioned but I had to stick with basho cuz the tanktop I got was just too cool.

Post a Comment