Sunday, November 20, 2011

Friendsgiving!

After all the hustle and bustle of Handmade Arcade was over on Saturday, we had the most epic of holiday celebrations - Friendsgiving! We invented (yes, that's right, invented) Friendsgiving last year when some of our Ohio BFFs came to visit in November and we ended up going crazy in the Strip District with the tasty food and beer and then we came back and had a big ol' food eating party and thus we dubbed it Friendsgiving. It's like Thanksgiving, only better, because your grandmother's not there and you can have beer. Last year, three of our friends came, and this year we had ten come from Ohio!


We discovered a new terrible beer - "Pennsylvania Style" - which is brewed in Wisconsin.


There was inter-species snuggling.


We had tons of food! Asparagus, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, a seitan roast, vegan stuffing, pumpkin pie, pasta salad, kale salad, and more. I made this chocolate stout cake with a Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout instead of just a regular stout. Ideally, I really wanted Southern Tier Choklat (one of my all-time favorite beers), but I couldn't find it. It was exceedingly hyper delicious.


Chili was also made, consumed, and its champions were crowned.


Inspiration was found!


Floors were dirtied and danced on.


I found this app called Remote Buddy that allowed me to turn my laptop into a photobooth! So I made some official commemorative Friendsgiving bunting, put some stuff out, and everyone went to town. It was seriously so much fun, I want to have one of these at every party.


And in the morning, people woke up buried under things with their shoes tied to chairs.

All in all, it was a great time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment