Tuesday, February 7, 2012

x x x x x x x x

So, in honor of National Embroidery Month, I thought I'd show off a couple past cross stitch projects today!

First up is a Star Wars project...


(Hey, nice dusty frame!) So, I stitched this up as a gift for Eric a while back, but the creative genius behind this pattern is Sherezada Windham-Kent of Hand/Eye/Mind/Mouth. I tweaked a couple things - the colors of the lightsabers, mostly. It was really fun to stitch up, and always gets a lot of smiles when people see it. It also always leads to the awkward conversation I have when people ask about it - I generally try to give credit when I'm wearing handmade things made by other people or if I follow a pattern for something versus making something from scratch. So people will look and say, "Wow! Did you make that??" And I say, "Yes, but it's actually a pattern made by this girl on the internet and blah blah blah..." and spend five minutes answering a question when they probably expected a simple yes/no.


Next, a lovely sentiment from Jay-Z. This might be one of my earliest cross stitch projects, I think. This is also often a visitor favorite in the house. Sadly, it fell off the wall recently and the frame cracked. Everything I own is broken or dirty: Welcome to my blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment