Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Are we going to prom or to hell?

So, as a little Valentine's gift, I have pictures of my two newest finished pieces:


Do I look like Mother Theresa?" I was recently watching Heathers, and man, there are just so many good quotes in it. Like this one:


(which also creates an incredibly smooth segue into my next piece...)


Everyone's favorite chaos theorist, Dr. Ian Malcolm! And his best pal, a terrible velociraptor!


I decided to try out a new technique for the shading of Malcolm - originally I was just going to leave it blank, but I felt like the black clothes/hair/sunglasses are such an iconic part of the character that it just didn't work. I used a single thread to just make long straight lines, a little bit like cross-hatching, or I guess since it doesn't cross, just hatching? Either way, this was really fun to make, and then I spilled coffee on it, because I am good at things.

I hope you all enjoy your Valentine's Day and are not eaten by velociraptors!

0 comments:

Post a Comment