Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pop-in

Hello hello! Sorry it has been all crickets n'at around here, lately if I am not at work I have been crafting my butt off. I have been spending a lot of my free time just trying to make stuff to sell at Handmade Arcade. Like this little diptych I made:


I found some images from a book about making shadow puppets, and I thought they would look great as an art piece.


The hand features a rarely-seen second stitch: satin stitch (pretty much everything I do is in backstitch). The shadow is an applique that I stitched around the outside. Also, how hard is that hand position? I tried to show it to my girls at work today and they were all, "What is that?" And then one of them made her shadow puppet monster mouth eat the poor bunny.

PS: Totally unrealted to my own crafting, but check out this amazing quilt I found at the thrift store the other day:


I love the bright pink on the white, it's so punchy and high contrast. Also, it features some really lovely hand quilting (click that picture and check it out really really big - it's a very neat design). It always bums me out a little bit to see something so awesome that was obviously handmade by someone with a great deal of love and care at the thrift store. Sadly, it was $100, so it was out of my budget.

0 comments:

Post a Comment