Monday, October 17, 2011

Now playing: 10.17.2011


Reading: I decided to switch gears from China Mieville's Perdido Street Station (which, while having a lot of interesting aspects, has failed to keep my attention very well), so I started in on the second book in the A Song of Fire and Ice series. I imagine I'll probably switch back and forth between the two books as needed. I'm really not this bad at reading books (I have a infrequently used B.A. in English from an average Ohio university to back that up, thankyouverymuch), but lately I've been taking on some books that are outside of my normal genres of interest, and sometimes it's been a little bit of a struggle.


Eating: Last night I made a banana oatmeal walnut bread using a recipe from the internets that sadly I can no longer find. It turned out pretty tasty, although I wish I had used maybe one more banana (I like my banana bread to be extra banana-y).


Crafting / Watching: As I've mentioned, a large percentage of any type of free time that I have lately is going towards making things for Handmade Arcade. So here's a cute little deer that I just recently finished, along with The Wonder Years. Thanks, Netflix.


Doing: This past Saturday, the Steel City Derby Demons had their season-closer bout and I was asked to announce. I've announced at scrimmages in the past, but never in front of a ton of people, so it was a bit nerve-wracking. I rustled up an appropriate Moxie Crimefighter costume (a lot of it is my Batgirl costume from last Halloween) and did the best I could. If there were awards for this sort of thing, I would probably win "Most Awkward Announcer Ever" but apparently I pull off awkward well (or probably people are just nice), because I got some kind words from people after the bout. It was a super awesome time too, with double wins for the SCDD.

1 comments:

Twee said...

Shut up! You were awesome!!!

Post a Comment